This delicious and versatile cracker, taken from Danielle Walkers book Against All Grain is a great picnic or lunch box filler. A hit with both children & adults!
Spread almond butter on them, or simply some grass-fed butter for a delicious blood sugar balancing snack.
I added nettle seeds to this batch for extra minerals!
Makes 12 crackers:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites (or use 1/2 cup flax substitute if avoiding eggs)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Optional: 1 tbsp seeds - hemp/ sesame/ nettle
1. Preheat oven to 350'F
2. Place dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Place wet ingredients in a stand mixer and mix for 5 mins or with an electric hand whisk. Add dry ingredients to wet mix until combined.
3. Form dough into a ball and roll it out between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick.
4. Us pizza cutter to cut the dough into rectangles researching the dough scraps for more crackers
5. Carefully slide the crackers onto a baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
6. Gently separate the rectangles spacing them evenly in the baking tray. Use a fork to gently prick holes in them.
7. Bake for 16 mins turning the crackers over half way through.
Allow to cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Please let me know if you make this and how it came out!